2012-13 Panther Facts
· 400 students and growing. Student centered learning environment.
· 3 to 4 classroom per grade level.
· Excellent community support and involvement
· Met No Child Left Behind Adequate Yearly Progress for the 2008-09 and the 2009-2010 school year; did not make AYP for 2011-12 year
· Met 10 of 13 Targets for AYP during the school year 2011-12
· Daily reading instruction that equals or exceeds 90 minutes per day
· Weekly teacher Professional Learning Communities to plan and share best practices and high yield strategies
· Staff ownership and input on processes and the School Improvement Plan. All stakeholders are involved in planning
· Use of Continuous Classroom Improvement model
· Time provided each day for planning and/or staff development
· Stakeholder Issue Bin for input and improvement of processes
· District recognition for outstanding Safe School Plan
· Goals for 2011-12:
· School Improvement Goals for 2012-13: 80% or higher performance on the
We Are Showing Improvement!
Our data on growth, etc. is showing some good solid improvement! This is something that we are very proud of and excited about!
Here are our celebrations:
· In 2010-11, we met 7 out of 13 targets (or 53.8%) for AYP. This past year (2011-12), we met 10 out of 13 targets, or 76.9 % of the AYP targets
· In 2010-11, we did not make our expected growth in any of our subgroups (our subgroups are Economically Disadvantaged and White students in both reading and math). This past year (2011-12) we met our growth in three of our subgroups using safe harbor and confidence intervals!
· Overall in the
· We are at an all time high in 2011-12 for EOG proficiency in Science, growing to 58.7% proficient from 45.8% in 2010-11. In 2008-09 we were 35% proficient and in 2009-2010 we were 54.2% proficient.
· 3rd Grade is at a 4 year high in Reading EOG proficiency with a 65% proficiency in 2011-12 (Compared to 60% in 2008-09; 49.2% in 2009-2010; 62.3% in 2010-11).
· 5th grade improved to 52% proficiency in the
· 3rd grade improved to 85.7% proficiency in the Math EOG for 2011-12 over 84.1% in 2010-11.
· 5th grade maintained their performance in the Math EOG proficiency for 2011-12 at 69% and at 69% for 2010-11.
· Our overall performance composite for 2011-12 is 66%, which is an increase from the overall performance composite of 64% in 2010-11.
Keep Up The Great Work Scotts Elementary!