What does IMPACT stand for?
Innovative Methods for Personalizing Academics,
Complemented by Technology
How does the IMPACT Grant and the Iredell-Statesville Model work together?
•I-SS Blended Learning is an innovative approach to teaching that incorporates designing and customizing digital technology with personalized learning to accelerate achievement for all students.
•The key is that the IMPACT grant is not just about technology or devices. It’s about strong instructional practices.
What is Blended Learning?
The use of online content in the classroom to allow for more small group instruction and more personalized learning for every student.
What does it look like?
- Engaging Instruction – Blended learning increases student engagement by increasing the amount of small group learning, engaging online activities and collaborative group projects.
- Student Investment – Blended learning increases students’ investment in their learning by giving them more opportunities to make decisions about how and what they learn, whether on a computer program or in a small collaborative group.
- Personalized Learning – While differentiation can be challenging in a traditional classroom, blended learning makes it an easier and more sustainable practice by providing teachers with
(1) high-quality student data
(2) more time for small group instruction
(3) opportunities to focus on higher order thinking skills, while computers train students on lower order skills.