Click to view or print the document: TES Parent Involvement Policy
Troutman Elementary School Parent Involvement Policy 2016-2017
(aligned to the ISS Board of Education Policies 1310/4002)
As the principal of Troutman Elementary School, it is my goal to involve parents in the education and well-being of our students whether it involves decision-making processes or instruction.
Like Iredell-Statesville Schools’ goals, my goals for parental involvement also include:
· Meaningful two-way conversation (phone call, parent/teacher conferences) between school and parents and a twenty-four hour response time from teachers/administrators to parent emails and phone calls;
· Involvement of parents in student learning through grade level curriculum nights and parent/teacher conferences;
· Encouraging parent volunteers in the classroom;
· Involving parents in school decisions that affect students and their families through TES PTO and the School Improvement Team;
· Community collaboration and support (National Night Out, Holiday Parade, United Way, March of Dimes and Relay for Life.);
· Promotion of student health awareness and student fitness
· TES holds two School Improvement meetings per month in the Media Center beginning at 2:45 PM. In these meetings, the team makes instructional and financial decisions that impact the school as a whole. Parents are welcome to attend and observe; but specific input must be voiced through the School Improvement Team members and/or the two parents selected to serve on the team.
· TES PTO meets one time each month at 5:00pm in the school media center. Meeting days can vary so please check the PTO Facebook page for specific dates of meetings.