The standardization of hardware and software are necessary to the Technology Department providing fast, efficient service and support to the schools. In a continuing effort toward standardization, the guidelines below must be followed when computer hardware is purchased for your school:
1. The Technology Department must be consulted prior to the purchase of all computer hardware and software.
2. The Technology Department will provide assistance in computer hardware and software selection at the best possible prices and delivery times.
3. If hardware is purchased outside of the guidelines, the school will be responsible for installation and support. Iredell-Statesville technicians will neither install nor support computer hardware that does not meet the above guidelines. If the installation of equipment purchased outside of the above guidelines creates conflicts with any networks,the school will be responsible for any costs incurred to correct the conflicts.
4. Schools are responsible for the purchase and documentation of all software licenses since they are subject to auditing.
5. Iredell-Statesville technicians will not install software that does not have the appropriate licenses. If software is donated, a written statement indicating the number of users is required.
PLEASE NOTE: Typical fines are $10,000 per machine for illegal software.