Welcome to South Iredell's International Studies and International Baccalaureate Programmes
South Iredell High School is an IB World School, authorized to offer the Diploma Programme and a candidate school for the Middle Years Programme for which it is pursuing authorization. IB World schools share a common philosophy—a commitment to high quality, challenging, international education that South Iredell believes is important for our students.
To produce a team at South Iredell High School that will create a programme where every adult and child learns how to learn:
- We accomplish this through a supportive, collaborative, inquiry-based environment that is rigorous, relevant, stimulating, and provocative.
- We teach each other how to think, not what to think, producing a culture of curiosity that develops autonomous, lifelong learners.
- We value self-awareness, intellectual risk-taking, critical thinking and compassionate global citizenship.
- We demonstrate intercultural respect and act to improve the world and community around us.
1.The ISP and IB Difference
: where current and prospective families learn about:
2. Frequently Asked QuestionspastingAs students and other stakeholders bring me questions, I will post the most up-to-date, accurate answers for:
3. Community Service
: Learn about expectations and procedures for ISP ninth- and 10th-graders for this essential component of Learner Profile development.
: Learn about Creativity, Action, Service, an opportunity for IB students in the 11th and 12th grade that creates unbelievable growth and future readiness.
5. Extended Essay
: Learn about an opportunity for IB students in 11th and 12th grade that gives them college-level research and writing skills that will be invaluable as they continue their education.
6. Personal Project
: Learn about and interact with an opportunity for ISP students in the 10th grade.