Welcome to South Iredell's Middle Years Programme
Interested in the IB Boosters Organization?
Contact President Chris Dawes
South Iredell High School is an IB World School, authorized to offer the Diploma Programme and a candidate school for the Middle Years Programme for which it is pursuing authorization. IB World schools share a common philosophy—a commitment to high quality, challenging, international education that South Iredell believes is important for our students.
To produce a team at South Iredell High School that will create a programme where every adult and child learns how to learn:
- We accomplish this through a supportive, collaborative, inquiry-based environment that is rigorous, relevant, stimulating, and provocative.
- We teach each other how to think, not what to think, producing a culture of curiosity that develops autonomous, lifelong learners.
- We value self-awareness, intellectual risk-taking, critical thinking and compassionate global citizenship.
- We demonstrate intercultural respect and act to improve the world and community around us.
1.The IB Difference
: where current and prospective families learn about:
2.Frequently Asked Questions As students and other stakeholders bring me questions, I will post the most up-to-date, accurate answers.
3. Community Service
: Learn about expectations and procedures for MYP 9th and 10th-graders for this essential component of Learner Profile development.
4. Personal Project: Learn about and interact with a requirement for MYP students in the final year of the MYP (10th grade).
: Learn about Creativity, Action, Service, an opportunity for DP students in the 11th and 12th grade that creates unbelievable growth and future readiness.
6. Extended Essay
: Learn about an opportunity for DP students in 11th and 12th grade that gives them college-level research and writing skills that will be invaluable as they continue their education.