- Hialeah High School - Hialeah, Florida
- Associate in Arts - Mitchell Community College
- Bachelor of Science, Elementary Education K-6 Gardner Webb University
- Master of Arts, Instructional Technology - Appalachian State University
- Teaching assistant at Scotts Elementary School, 1996-1998
- Teaching / Media assistant at Statesville Middle School, 1998-2005
Computer/Technology Teacher, Mt. Mourne Elementary, 2005-2009
Computer/Technology Teacher, Coddle Creek Elementary, 2009-Present
I was born in Hialeah, Florida. I married my husband, George, in 1984. I have two children. My son is attending Catawba Valley Community college and is currently working at Home Depot. My daughter is currently attending East Carolina University. We moved to North Carolina in 1992. I love the mountains, the beaches, the change of seasons, but most of all I love to teach the children of North Carolina.
I raise LaPerm kittens so I usually have at least one litter of kittens in the house at all times.
My family loves to go camping and traveling around the country. I love to read, surf the Internet, and I enjoy scrapbooking. I am very active and involved with my family and my church.
I tutored students in computer skills at Statesville Middle School for six years, worked as a SAP (Student Assistant Program) facilitator, and was a technology trainer. I plan to use all of these gifts and skills to help the children at Coddle Creek become more proficient in technology. I profess to be a life long learner and feel that children should be also. I try to instill this within each child I teach.