My Classroom Mission
My mission as a teacher is to:
* Assist students in the development and usage of critical thinking skills:
* Create student ownership of and responsibility for his/her learning:
* Allow each student to realize success within the classroom and the o
pportunity to learn from failure:
* Develop life-long learners:
* Model and create student ownership of positive character traits.
I grew up as a GRITS- girl raised in the south. We settled in Clearwater, Florida where I spent my days walking the beach, reading, and, since I was the oldest, taking care of my three siblings.
At the age of eighteen, I married my best friend and soul-mate, Mike. We have one son, Shannon, who was born in Statesville, a true Southerner.
After many stops and starts, I returned to school to finish my degree. I graduated summa cum laude from Appalachian State in 2004 with a degree in Middle Grades Education. In 2007, I completed my Masters Degree in Middle Grades Education from Appalachian State. As you can tell, I love middle schoolers!
Mike and I reside in Iredell County, sharing our home with five cats. We love going to the mountains, watching the turkey and deer cross our property there.
is my favorite thing to do. Some of my favorite authors are Clyde Edgerton, Zora Neale Hurston, Langston Hughes, and Robert Frost. The Hunger Games
is my most recent book completed and it is a must read!
Being a life-long learner, I am always looking for new things to learn and exciting challenges to face.