1. Students will learn to distinguish animals by sex, age, physical traits, breed and external anatomy.
2. Students will learn the importance of livestock and the products produced from livestock. Students will also learn the key concepts of the marketing system used in the livestock and poultry industries.
3. Students will learn and understand the differences between animal rights and welfare.
4. Students will learn about FFA and the opportunities it provides as well as the ceremonies and traditions of the organization.
5. Students will demonstrate the correct process used in conducting a science related business meeting. Students will also learn the appropriate techniques in public speaking and discover careers in the animal industry.
6. Students will examine the financial record-keeping and identification systems used in the animal industry
7. Students will analyze the parts and functions of the digestive systems of livestock and poultry, as well as distinguish the functions and sources of feed nutrients
8. Students will discuss different types of reproduction management and determine how the male and female reproductive systems function in livestock and poultry.
9. Students will recognize the importance of genetics in animal science and discuss the benefits and improvements genetics have made on the animal industry.