- Hialeah High School - Hialeah, Florida
- Associate in Arts - Mitchell Community College
- Bachelor of Science, Elementary Education K-6 - Gardner Webb University
Master of Arts, Instructional Technology - Appalachian State University
Masters M.A.S - School Administration - Appalachian State University
- Teaching assistant at Scotts Elementary School, 1996-1998
- Teaching / Media assistant at Statesville Middle School, 1998-2005
Computer/Technology Teacher, Mt. Mourne Elementary, 2005-2009
Computer/Technology Teacher, Coddle Creek Elementary, 2009-Present
- Phi Theta Kappa - Honor Society, Mitchell Community College
- Nu Kappa of Sigma Phi Gamma Sorority
- Dean’s List, Mitchell Community College
- Dean's List, Gardner-Webb University
- Member of Cambridge Who's Who
- Teacher of the Year 2009-10 Coddle Creek Elementary School
- Gamma Alpha - Alpha Delta Kappa
I was born in Hialeah, Florida. I married my husband, George in 1984. I have two children. My son attended Mitchell Community College and is currently working at Home Depot. My daughter is currently attending East Carolina University as a chemistry major. We moved to North Carolina in 1992. I love the mountains, the beaches, the change of seasons, but most of all I love to teach the children of North Carolina.
I have a LaPerm cat, a Pomeranian/Rat Terrier dog, and lots of fish in my pond. I love working with plants and flowers.
We have a motor home and we love to go camping and traveling around the country. My newest hobby is kayaking. I love to read, surf the Internet, and I enjoy scrap booking. I am very active and involved with my family and my church.
I tutored students in computer skills at Statesville Middle School for six years, worked as a SAP (Student Assistant Program) facilitator, and was a technology trainer. I use all of these gifts and skills to help the children at Coddle Creek become more proficient in technology.
I profess to be a life long learner and feel that children should be also. I try to instill this philosophy in each child I teach.