A school dedicated to fostering lifelong learners and responsible citizens.
Lakeshore Elementary is a learning-centered school which provides a quality education for each individual child. Educators use various types of data to track progress of our students. It is important for all stakeholders, including students to understand the expectations of their grade level. We value parent and community involvement to better enhance the educational experience at Lakeshore.
Our Values Are:
Our educational program is enriched with music, art, computers, physical education and media. Every grade level emphasizes reading, writing, mathematics, science and social studies. K-5 participates in flexible groups within their own classrooms. In grades K-5, students participate in cross-grade level grouping for math and reading during Pirate Time. We offer an extensive exceptional children’s program that includes: pre-K, resource, self-contained, ID Moderate and MU classes. All students receive differentiation within the classroom environment along and offered extension activities after school. We offer enrichment opportunities during the school day and after school. AIG students receive services as outlined in the ISS 2010-2013 Gifted Education Plan.
Currently enrolled are 671 students from the Mooresville and Troutman area. Ethnicity is as follows: 83% Caucasian, 5% African American, 6% Hispanic, 4% Asian, and 2% Multi-Racial. Lakeshore’s exceptional children’s program makes up 9% of our population and the academically and intellectually gifted program is 3% of our total population. Our free/reduced lunch rate is 12% of our population.
We are proud to have 94.39% of students proficient on Math EOG and 87.4% proficient on Reading EOG. A focus for our school is to increase academic growth for all of our students and this goal drives our school mission and vision. For more results, visit the Governor's Report Card at NC School Report Cards. Our current overall performance composite is 91.18%
We are proud to have community and parent support for our school. We have a successful volunteer/mentor program where we clocked over 9,000 volunteer hours during the 2011-2012 school year. We also clocked over 6,000 hours during the 2010-2011 school year. Parent conferences were completed at a success rate of 95%. We also engage students in Student Led Conferencing. We currently have 17 business partnerships.