DIFFERENTIATED DIPLOMA PROGRAM
The differentiated diploma program is a highly structured and limited opportunity for a select number of students whose circumstances prevent graduation from high school. Students must complete 21 required and elective credits in order to receive a North Carolina High School Diploma. The program is coordinated through Monticello.
Referrals are submitted by the school principal and reviewed by a committee of school system staff. Only students who demonstrate a high degree of motivation and cooperation will be accepted into the program.
The student application packet must be completed in order for the referral to be considered. The review committee will give strong consideration to each student’s Commitment Agreement in determining which students will be accepted. All applications must be signed by a parent/guardian.
1. Students must be a junior in HS before admission to the program.
2. A SSP/plan for graduation will be developed for every student admitted to the program.
3. Only students displaying a significant hardship that will impede their ability to graduate
from high school in the traditional fashion or who are strongly considering dropping out
of school will be admitted.
4. Completed applications reviewed by school based committee.
5. Send approved applications to Gail Anthony at ADR.