Upcoming Meetings held in the Union Grove Elementary School library, beginning at 6:00PM:
*May 7, 2013
*June 4, 2013
Meetings usually last about an hour and are open to all parents and staff members. Parents are encouraged to come and share your ideas!
Fundraisers and Other Events:
*Rock For Rent (ongoing)
Celebrate a special occasion by decorating our new school spirit rock. The cost is $20 per week. The rock will be rented on a first-come, first-served basis. To rent the rock, you must fill out an application (available in the school's office). Checks should be made to the Union Grove PTO.
*Union Grove Tiger Trot 5K and Fun Run Saturday, May 11, 2013 8:00 A.M.
Prizes will be awarded to the Top 3 male and female runners overall. Medals will be awarded to the Top 3 in each age division. All Fun Run participants will receive a medal. Entry fees: 5K, $20 early/$25 same day and Fun Run, $10 early/$15 same day. Everyone registering early will be guaranteed a Tiget Trot t-shirt. If you are willing to help set up for the race beginning at 6:00 a.m., please contact Jeanne Gaither at 704-880-3069 as soon as possible.
There are items for sale available in the school office. Please stop by to take a look at the t-shirts, etc.
2012-13 PTO Board
If you are interested in serving on the board, please contact one of the members or call the school office for more information.
Money Raised for the 2011-12 School Year
School Spirit Merchandise $2,500
Cookie Dough Sale $12,559
Fall Festival $3,692
Spirit Rock $80
PTO Accomplishments and Plans Where Does The Money Go When You Support Your PTO?
- Laser printers for Accelerated Math $1,410.85 With state and county budget cuts, the PTO is now being asked to provide funds for items that were once paid for by other sources.
- New AR Rewards Store $300
- Catawba Science Center Programs for K-5 students $1,727.94
- Teacher Gift Cards $1,400 for purchasing classroom supplies
- K-2 Tweetsie Letterland Railroad Field Trip $1,296 PTO is paying half of the total cost for each child attending
- Staff Member of the Month Gifts for Year $200
- Donation to the Save our Schools Rally
- Robotics kits
- 5th Grade Graduation supplies
- SMARTboards for classrooms
- Breakfasts, lunches, & supplies throughout the year for teachers and students
- Main entrance and Highway 901 school signs