NorthView School is committed to developing internationally-minded lifelong learners by fostering a safe environment that promotes inquiry through holistic learning.
At Northview School, our mission is to provide an outstanding educational atmosphere in which students are principled learners. We believe that all students should demonstrate honesty and integrity through respectful interaction with our work environment and each other. We believe that trust and respect are essential to the learning process and academic dishonesty hurts all stakeholders in education.
The academically honest student:
Academic dishonesty can take several forms including the following:
• plagiarism: taking work, words, ideas, pictures, information or anything that has been produced by someone else and submitting it for assessment as one’s own.
• copying: taking work of another student, with or without his or her knowledge and
submitting it as one’s own.
• exam cheating: communicating with another candidate in an exam, bringing unauthorized material into an exam room, or consulting such material during an exam in order to gain an unfair advantage.
• duplication: submitting work that is substantially the same for assessment in different courses without the consent of all teachers involved.
• falsifying data: creating or altering data which have not been collected in an appropriate way.
• collusion: helping another student to be academically dishonest.
Consequences/Penalties are designed to: ensure that the student does not gain an unfair advantage, maintain the integrity of the assessment, and deter other students from taking the same action.
Any student who has been found to be academically dishonest will have a record placed in his or her file.
First offense: Zero on the assignment, parents or guardians notified, disciplinary referral
Second offense: Zero on the assignment, parents or guardians notified, disciplinary referral, 1 day suspension
Such students also may jeopardize their standing in extracurricular activities, honor societies and other organizations pursuant to the by-laws of such organizations.