Homework and Special Projects
* Homework is usually sent home on Tuesday's and Thursday's. The worksheet will always reinforce a skill that we are currently working on in class.
* You are more than welcome to help your child with their assignment. They are not expected to be able to read the directions on their own. If they can, that is wonderful! However, I do encourage you to discuss the assignment with your child to ensure that they understand what to do.
* Please be sure that your child write's their own name on the paper!
Many paper's can be thrown away if we do not know who they belong to.
* If your child would still like work to do at home, take a look at our monthly homework calendar. This is a great tool to use when reinforcing the skills we are working on in class. A great suggestion is a "Home Journal." Have your child write a few short words (beginning of year) about their day. Towards the middle-end of the year, your child will be able to write multiple sentences!
* Please look over the Homework Calendar and Monthly Calendar carefully. This is one of the main forms of communication between school and home. It will also list any and all special events, projects, etc.