EOG TEST PRACTICE QUESTIONS FOR THE COMMON CORE:
This site should be used as a review for the EOG. If you would like to see what the real test is going to be like please visit the released test forms from the NC Department of Public Instruction.
I recommend the following MATH websites for practice at home.
Other websites that may be of interest:
(I personally like this website the best.)
Science Fair Packet Templates
(Each 5th grader can request a packet for the science fair or you can print the packet straight from these links).
Other Informative Links you may want to check out!
60 Math Expo Ideas
(credit to teacher at Lake Norman Elementary
3. inventions4. sundials
6. ancient number systems
8. geometric shapes and architecture
9. difference between meal prices (calories) at fast food
11. grocery store price comparisons
13. build the Bridge to Terabithia
14. build models of objects from other novels
15. furnish a home with newspaper ads
16. growth of South Iredell County
17. Lake Norman (dropping in winter, rains in summer, etc.)
18. racing (building of cars, weights, height, etc.)
19. heart rates
20. cheaper to own cat vs. dog? hamster vs. fish?
21. pay comparisons (doctor/teacher, engineer/president, etc.)
22. your school needs (new gym, cafeteria, classrooms)
24. ocean tides and the moon
27. comparing foods (cereals, yogurts, snacks, etc.)
28. research a famous mathematician
29. pool table problems
30. study regular solids and their properties
31. make a family of polyhedra
32. What is Morley's triangle?
33. Investigate compass and straight edge constructions
34. cycloid curve
35. what is a hexaflexagon?
38. game theory
39. study games and winning strategies
40. the the "Monty Hall" effect
41. investigate card and magic tricks
43. positions of fire stations, police stations, etc.
44. how the NBA or Panthers or other team make schedules for games, hotels, practices, flight, etc.
45. investigate "big" numbers
46. computer bar codes
47. Fibonacci numbers
48. What is the Golden mean?
49. Catalan numbers
50. triangular numbers
51. history of pi
52. egyptian fractions
53. methods of counting and calcuating using your fingers and hands
54. mathematics of elections
55. how random is random?
56. stock market
58. math in music
59. build a model of a house
60. how much would it cost for college?