My Classroom Mission
- Every child can and will succeed.
- All children deserve the opportunity to think, dream, believe, and achieve.
- The school, home, and community must share responsibility for the needs and development of children while fostering an appreciation for individual differences and cultures.
- Students are most involved when they participate in decisions that affect them.
- Differences in learning styles exist, therefore: students have the right to learn in a way that brings them personal success.
- Students must be assessed in a variety of ways to demonstrate their achievement.
- The function of education embraces the act of preparing our students for living successfully in an ever-changing society by providing academic, social, emotional, and physical and character developing skills.
I was born and raised in Statesville, NC. I graduated from West Iredell High School, completed my undergraduate degree at UNC Greensboro
with a Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education (K-6) and a minor in Music. I then went on to complete my Masters in Elementary Education (K-6) at Gardner Webb University
and later added Special Education, General Curriculum to my license. I have worked in education since 1993 with Iredell-Statesville Schools, Davie County Schools and Catawba Valley Community College.
I am married with 2 children. Both of my children attend West Iredell High School. I love watching my kids play sports! We are constantly on the go with soccer, basketball, and baseball! In the fall we are busy attending UNC football games and the rest of the year watching all UNC sports! GO TARHEELS! I am very excited about working with your children this year at West Middle School!