8th Grade Pre-Algebra
The following rules, if adhered to, will lead to an enjoyable and productive school year.
- Everyone is to be treated with respect.
- Each student is to be responsible for their homework, textbooks, and other materials given to the student.
EVERYONE HAS THE RIGHT TO LEARN.
THE TEACHER HAS THE RIGHT AND RESPONSIBILITY TO TEACH.
WE MUST HAVE RESPECT FOR ONE ANOTHER.
- Enter the room quietly and prepare for start of class.
- Have all necessary materials for the class upon entering.
- Raise hand and wait to be recognized before speaking.
- Listen while others are speaking.
- Follow directions.
- Stay seated and pay attention during the class.
CONSEQUENCES IF RULES AND GUIDELINES ARE NOT ADHERED TO:
- Verbal warning by the teacher
- ASD and a call to parents
- Parent / teacher conference
** Open defiance of the teacher, fighting, or behavior endangering self or others will result in immediate removal of the student from the classroom to ISS. **
Amendments will made as necessary throughout the year
- Bring your pencil, notebook, and calculator to class.
- Bring your math workbook to class.
- Bring the correct homework assignment to class.
- 2 Points – Completed assignment with all work shown in pencil
- 0 Points – Assignment is not completed on time or no work is shown
- All homework must be completed for notebook check
- Have all homework on your desk for the beginning of class.
- If you miss class but are in the building you are responsible to give your homework to me during the day.
ABSENCES AND MAKE-UP WORK
- If you are absent, please check my webpage for your assignment.
- Complete the homework within two days of returning to class.
- If you are absent the day before a test, you will have one day to prepare and will take the test no later than one day after your return (if appropriate).
- If you are absent the day of a test, you will be prepared to take the test on the day after you return (if appropriate).
TESTS & QUIZZES
- Tests are announced several days in advance.
- Formal quizzes are announced the day before the quiz.
- Informal quizzes are unannounced.
- All tests must be signed by a parent and corrected by the student.
- Tests and quizzes are collected and kept in a class folder.