Advisor: Christine Szafranski
Meeting Time: Thursdays 3:15-4:00
Please ensure you have a ride to pick you up at that time.
Place: Mrs. Szafranski's room E133
Our last meeting dates are April 25th and May 9th.
Be sure to pick up your honors cords before graduation!
Art Club T-shirts and Hoodies are on sale now. $10 T-shirt $20 Hoodie
The mission of the National Art Honor Society is to recognize student achievement and promote the excellence of art in our schools Our club follows the national guidelines and bylaws which include:
* Grades 10-12 ( students must have previously taken a high school art class to qualify)
* Students must be in art class during the current school year
* Students must maintain high grades in art
*Club Dues are $7
You must attend at least 5 meetings before you are considered part of the NAHS.
Vice president: Mindy
This years planned activities thus far include
Statesville Art Crawl
Art Club Trips Renaissance Festival and Disney Yes Animation Program
Painting the Homecoming Car
National Art Honor Society is for high school students grades 10-12, for the purpose of inspiring and recognizing those students who have shown an outstanding ability in art. The NAHS also strives to aid members in working toward the attainment of their highest potential in art areas, and to bring art education to the attention of the school and community.
Here are some reasons why you should join the NAHS:
- You become part of a professional organization: The National Art Education Association.
- You become a member of a distinguished group of over 33,000 art students.
- Your NAHS sponsor, as an NAEA member, would be eligible for four grant programs.
- NAHS students are eligible for the Rising Star Secondary Recognition Award.
- An NAHS Senior would be eligible to receive the Charles M. Robertson Memorial Scholarship — a special four-year scholarship to Pratt Institute School of Art and Design in New York.
- Your school art program would be eligible to apply for the NAEA Standards Award.
- Your NAHS sponsor would be eligible to attend NAEA's annual convention, co-sponsored academies and institutes held throughout the country. They would also receive a variety of professional publications that could be a valuable resource in the classroom as well as to your professional library.
- NAHS News is published twice a year and is received by students as well as sponsors. We encourage students to submit artwork for publication in the News.
- Participation in the NAHS, is a mark of accomplishment in the school and community and well recognized by the institutions when you apply for entry into a college or university.
Modified by Christine Szafranski
Original web page designed by Karen Bullard.