The next parent night for FALL 2012 will be held in G115 on ___ from & 7 p.m. - 8 p.m. This parent night will feature ___!
Parent Nights are unique opportunities offered by the NIHS biology department.
Regular Semester Parent Nights:
Regular Semester Parent Nights are held periodically throughout the semester, on a weeknight from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. During these events, parents are welcome to come and learn a mini biology lesson, participate in a lab or activity, enjoy refreshments, and meet with their child's biology teacher. Although this is primarily for parents, students are welcome to come as well.
EOC Review Student/Parent Nights: JANUARY ___ and ___
This is a series of 2 weeknights right before the EOC test from 7 p.m. - 9 p.m. During these events, the biology teachers review an old release EOC test and share study/test taking strategies. It is important for students to come to these, and we encourage parents to come also.
BENEFITS of Parent Nights:
1. If the student comes, this counts as make up time.
2. Some teachers offer extra credit for these events.
3. Students whose parents who come to parent night will become better students.
4. Great parent/teacher interaction.
5. Gives parents face-to-face communication with teachers.
6. Biology is FUN to learn (again)!
7. Gives students an opportunity to review.