Essential Learning Requirements
For Earth Science
Students must be able to:
- Perform and understand scientific investigations.
- Understand the processes that shape the solid earth: rock cycle, plate tectonics, and earthquake waves.
- Analyze the sources and impacts of using natural resources and energy.
- Understand what and how scientists know about the geologic past.
- Evaluate processes in streams, oceans, and groundwater.
- Evaluate water resources and environmental issues associated with them.
- Analyze weather systems and how scientists predict the weather.
- Understand the consequences of global changes in the atmosphere.
- Examine what planets and stars are made of and how they move.
- Understand the tools astronomers use to study space.