Counseling department staff
Becky Rader- SAP (9th – 12th)
Lindsay Weaver- 504 and Test Coordinator
Guidance Department Mission Statement
- To be a positive role model for students, teaching them vicariously as well as directly.
- To provide and maintain a safer, structured environment for students to feel safe and to learn.
- To not simply graduate all of our students, but to provide them with a viable plan for the future.
- To instill a love of learning in our students so they will become lifelong learners.
- To develop rigor, relevance, and relationships with our students to make learning personal.
The counselors provide services for students in three categories:
- College and Career Planning
College and career planning is an important process that begins in grade 9 and continues through the end of the senior year. Both students and parents are provided with the tools to navigate the increasingly competitive and complicated college search process.
- Academic Counseling
Our counselors assist students in choosing courses and monitor academic progress and extracurricular involvement.
- Personal/Social Counseling
Our counselors meet with individual students and groups in a confidential setting to discuss any emotional, social, or academic concerns. The counselor is also a resource to parents and teachers for consultation. Lastly, our Student Assistance Program Coordinator provides Peer Mentoring Programs, Support Groups, and Crisis Counseling.
Tours of Lake Norman High School areavailable on Fridays at 11:30 AM during the school year. To schedule atour, please contact the front office: 704-799-8555 704-799-8555