It is expected that students dress in a style that is conducive to learning. The dress code applies to the school day (including coming to school and leaving school). The dress code applies to ALL school-sponsored events, including field trips, sports, drama presentations, dances, and on-site events. Students dressed inappropriately will be asked to call home for a change of clothes.
· Undergarments and midriff (front & back) must be covered at all times with no holes in clothes.
· Pants must cover undergarments and must be worn at the waist.
· Students must wear appropriate shirts, with sleeves. No "plunging necklines."
· No pants or shorts with writing across the bottom.
· Shorts/skirts must reach below the length of the fingertips (arms & hands extended down straight to the side).
· No heavy pocket chains; no spike jewelry - safety issues.
· No offensive remarks may be printed on any article of clothing, jewelry, backpacks, etc. (i.e. advertisement of alcohol, drugs, cigarettes, weapons, gangs, etc.)
· No pajama-type clothing (with the exception of Spirit Week Activities).
· Bedroom slippers may not be worn. It is strongly suggested that students wear safe footwear.
· Removal of hats, hoods, and sunglasses in the building (excludes religious head gear).