Listening Log - for students that were absent the day we did this in class.
Directions: Go to the link below and listen to "Malaguena" by the Boston Brass.
On a blank sheet of paper (or typed)
- Put your name in the upper right hand corner.
- Label your paper " Listening Log 1"
- Song Title: "Malaguena"
Then, answer the below questions...
1. Name some dynamics you hear.
2. What instruments do you hear?
3. What kind of ensemble do you hear? Explain.
(Example: Jazz Band, Orchestra, Rock Band, Soloist, Brass Band, Chorus, etc.)
4. What style of music do you think you're hearing? Explain why you selected your answer.
(Example: Classical, Rock, Jazz, Pop, Opera, etc.)
5. Name the various tempos. Instead of listing "fast tempo" or "Medium tempo" use musical terms to describe them.
(from slowest tempo to fastest tempo they are: Adagio - Andante - Moderato - Allegro - Vivace)