Supply List for Mayhew’s Science Classes
Please Write Student's Name on All Supplies Before Bringing to Class!
1. One WIDE-RULED Composition Notebook for Science Only
Any type - Any style
Note: Spiral notebooks lay flat when open and this can be helpful if completing a diagram, etc
Some students find it helpful if Composition notebook has a pocket or place to hold loose papers
2. One Pocket Folder will stay in classroom, not to go home
NOTE: Pocket Folder will house each student's Science MYP Information
3. Supply Box (or One for A day & One for B day) for ALL Classes Everyday
OR - Zipper Pouch or Similar item to hold supplies listed below.
Supply Box OR Zipper Pencil PouchMost items listed below can be kept inside supply box or in zipper pouch
4. Scotch Tape: 1-2 rolls scotch tape per semester / 2-4 rolls for the year
& Less mess and faster than liquid glue - no need to wait for things to dry
5. Glue Sticks: 1-2 glue sticks per semester / 2-4 glue sticks for the year
Students must have tape & glue stick to attach inserts in Science journal
6. Twist Crayons - No small pieces to mark floor - Hard to break - Do not need sharpening
Or Colored Pencils - Small pack of basic colors
7. Two or more Highlighters
One Yellow Highlighter + One or more additional color(s) of student choice
8. One Pair Scissors: Stays inside supply box or kept in classroom for safety
9. One Ruler: 6", 12" or any size; to measure, draw straight lines on graphs, charts
Easy to Read Ruler that shows Inches & Metric Measurement - Centimeters, Millimeters
10. Paper: Wide-Ruled Notebook Paper (Paper kept in binder or folder to take to all classes)
& Graph Paper - Math uses graph paper too
11. Pencils: Mechanical Pencils and/OR
Regular Sharpened Pencil with erasers
Note: .7mm /.9mm /1mm lead is thicker/stronger & breaks less than .5mm lead
If your child uses regular pencils, most students find a hand-held pencil sharpener helpful/convenient
12. Index Cards: Flash cards to review vocabulary - all classes
OPTIONS to CONSIDER ... Student Choice
One bookbag OR Two bookbags One A day Bookbag & One B day Bookbag
One Binder OR Two Binders i.e. One binder for A day & One binder for B day
Binder and/or folder to hold assignments & paper for all classes & will travel with student
* Clear, Page-Protector Sheets: Keep VIP Papers and MYP Rubrics, etc...
* Pocket Divider Tabs:Organize assignments by subject & separate notebook paper/graph paper
* Hand-held Pencil Sharpener: One that holds pencils shavings; no shavings left on desk & floor
Where will homework papers go each day? Lunch money? Flash drive?
Cell Phones must be OFF and stay in bookbags during class. If seen, cell phones are taken to the front desk and/or office.
No one way works for every student to organize their assignments and supplies. Many students reorganize their belongings during the year as they learn and discover methods of organization that work best for them.
Please bring ONE of the following if possible:
Liquid Hand Soap
Clorox Disinfectant Wipes to keep our desks clean
Ziploc plastic Storage Bags - all sizes
Kleenex - we use several boxes a month
Please save your Box tops to support our school!
We collect them year-long. Thank you everyone!
Free Clip art for educators
Free Clip art Public Domain