Welcome to Northview PE! Physical Education is a huge part of the IB MYP Program and is a State of North Carolina requirement for all students. It is also an important factor contributing to the total development of all youth. The physical education program has been designed to provide an environment that will instill in your child the importance of fitness throughout their lifetime. This is accomplished through the instruction of skills. We are looking forward to a productive and fun filled year!
- Northview Physical Education Department
All or partial points may be taken for the following:
Dressing Out: 20%
P.E. Activity Journal: 20%
As part of our continuous effort to ensure safety while teaching P.E. we have added a specific rule regarding shoes: Improper footwear means the student cannot participate and will be graded in the following manner: loss of all dressing out points
· If your child as a medical problem, including asthma, that limits normal class participation, please forward medical information to their PE teacher ASAP so modifications can be made.
· A parent’s note will be accepted for the purpose of modifications to the day’s lesson and is not an automatic excuse for not participating.
· A doctor’s note will be followed.
· Students must dress out for class despite any note.
Uniforms may be purchased through the Northview School. Checks must be made out to Northview.
Parts of the uniform that are not bought through the school are socks and athletic shoes with support, no slip-ons.
Students may not borrow another student’s uniform to receive credit for dressing out. Also uniforms must be kept neat and clean.
“My clothes/uniform are being washed” is not an acceptable excuse for not dressing out.
P.E. Rules Locker Room Rules
Be Responsible Do not run, chase or participate in any horseplay
Remove all jewelry Do not throw objects
No food, gum or candy Leave belongings in locker room(purse, books, bags)
Listen to instructions Dress quickly and get into line
The P.E. Teachers are not responsible for lost/stolen valuables; leave them at home!
Modified Games are part of the Curriculum for Northview's Physical Education Class.