Classroom Expectations & Norms
What it looks like in our Classroom
|1|| Respect |
|Be prepared and on-time||Come to school and be ready to learn when you walke in.|
|2||Do your BEST!||Show your best (work, behavior, attitude).|
|Keep your hands, feet, and objects to yourself.|
Keep your hands off of others.
Keep your feet away from others.
Keep your things to yourself.
|4 ||Respect personal space.||When in line, watch where you are going so you don't walk into someone elses' space.|
When in the classroom, watch where you are so you are in your space and not someone elses'.
|Keep your area clean.||Pick up your papers and around your desk.|
|6||Follow School Expectations. ||Quiet in the Halls.|
Quiet in the Bathrooms.
Pick up trash that you see.
Our Class set a few extra norms to follow in the classroom so that it will be an environment for successful learning.
- Listen & respect to who ever is talking, giving directions, sharing with the class & they will show
respect & listen when it is your turn
- Golden Rule (Follow it)
As a PBS (Positive Behavior System) school, all classes at East Elementary has the same 3 expectations. Respect yourself, respect others, respect your school. These are explained in detail to the students the first few weeks of school and are reviewed throughout the year. As a class, we will be earning "R's" from other teachers when we are caught following the 3 R's. As we earn R's, we will also be working towards earning small rewards.
We discussed what the "3 R's" Looks like around the school.
* In the Classroom
- Respect Others - work quietly, keep in your space, ask to borrow items, treat others the
way you would want to be treated
- Respect Yourself - Walk with scissors, walk, sit on your bottom, do you BEST work
- Respect Your School (classroom) - keep area neat, throw away trash you find
* In the Hallways
- Respect Others - quiet so other classes can continue learning, stay on the right side of the
- Respect Yourself - walk so that you will be safe
- Respect Your School - throw away trash you find, walk quietly
* In the Cafeteria
- Respect Others - eat with your mouth closed, keep your food to yourself, respect others'
space, inside voices
- Resepect Yourself - sit down on your bottom, eat your food
- Respect Your School - throw away trash you find
* On the Playground
- Respect Others - ask to borrow 'recess equipment' before taking, share, play fairly
- Respect Yourself - be safe & responsible, if you are tired then take a break
- Respect Your School - take care of the play area, keep the grass, rocks, and dirt on the
ground where it belongs
School-Wide Discipline Policy (check parent handbook for more details)