Select a School...
Select a School
Career Academy & Technical School
Celeste Henkel Elementary
Coddle Creek Elementary
Collaborative College Technology & Leadership
Cool Spring Elementary
East Iredell Elementary
East Iredell Middle
Lake Norman Elementary
Lake Norman High School
Mt. Mourne School
N.B. Mills Elementary
North Iredell High School
North Iredell Middle
South Iredell High School
Statesville High School
The Visual & Performing Arts Center
Third Creek Elementary
Union Grove Elementary
West Iredell High School
West Iredell Middle
Woodland Heights Elementary
English as a Second Language (ESL)
Exceptional Children (EC)
I-SS Parent/Student Handbook
I-SS Printable Calendar
East Parent Forms
East Iredell Staff Links
Forms & Templates
National Board Support
Staff Bulletin Board
Staff Issue Bin
Sub Calling System
True North Logic (TNL)
Mrs. DiFiore's Homepage
Sliderocket projects: Government in other countries
Curriculum Lessons and Links
SIOP (Sheltered Instruction Observation Protocol) Resources
2nd Grade OWE Resources
2nd Grade Resources
3rd Grade OWE Resources
3rd Grade Resources
4th Grade OWE Resources
4th Grade Resources
5th Grade OWE Resources
5th Grade Resources
Biomes Scavenger Hunt
English Language Proficiency Standards
Homework and Practice
Christmas Traditions Voicethreads
Activities for ESL Students
- quizzes, tests, exercises and puzzles to help ESL.
Bright Ideas That Work
- updated regularly - common classroom stumbling blocks ideas from educators.
Challenges for ELLs in Content Area Learning
- begin by understanding the challenges ELLs face in their content area learning.
ELL Resources by Grade
- ELL resources organized by grade.
ELL Vocabulary Games Lesson Plans
- teacher reviewed vocab games ideas.
English Language Learners in Middle/High School: An Introduction
an expert panel discusses demographic trends, instructional strategies, school-family partnerships, and college readiness.
Foundation Research on the SIOP Model
- information on the development of the SIOP model.
Games & Activities for the ESL Classroom
- shared games and activities useful in the classroom.
- online games and activities.
Phonics: Watch and Learn by Reading Rockets
six short video clips with effective phonics activities from PBS series
Launching Young Readers
SIOP Lesson Plans
- exemplary SIOP lesson plans developed in a research study.
- digital media for the classroom and professional development.
Use Cooperative Learning to Teach ESL Students
- create a Student-Centered Classroom with Diverse Teaching Strategies
WIDA- World-Class Instructional Design and Assessment
- WIDA standards are recognized worldwide for their innovative approach to measuring academic language development in English.
Last Modified on June 21, 2012
East Iredell Elementary
400 East Elementary Road
Statesville, NC 28625
If you are directed to an outside site, neither this school nor Iredell-Statesville Schools are responsible for the content of the site you are about to visit.
Translate this page
Questions or Feedback?
Copyright © 2002-2013 Schoolwires, Inc. All rights reserved.